Code, Arts & Crafts vs Ellentriek
(a little step) Beyond prototyping
Code, Arts & Crafts (iMAL) meets Ellentriek (Constant & Pianofabriek) to propose an advanced level workshop on building Arduino-like constructions. A little step towards autonomy and sustainable prototypes.
When building a physical computing construction using a microcontroller, you are often confronted with breadboards, loose wires and headerpins. Furthermore, an Arduino board itself is quite big. In this ‘Ellentriek vs. Code, Arts & Crafts’ session, we want to try to go a step further using our expertise and ‘the little grey cells’.
While building and constructing we will try to solve following questions:
- How to ‘miniaturise’ an Arduino microcontroller?
- How to program Arduino pro mini’s, freeduino nano’s, Ardweenies, …?
- Which microcontroller suits you best?
- How to build your own microcontroller?
- How to translate your breadboard trial version to a pcb
- How to make pcb’s with a laserprinter?
On Saturday evening (7pm), Dirk Oosterbosch will give a presentation on Fritzing, a plateform and software for the documentation and sharing of protypes, and the making of pcb layout for professional manufacturing.
If you have specific questions/needs with regard to your project, please let us know so we can prepare better. Contact Marie-Laure.
Workshop on Saturday and Sunday,
Presentation Fritzing: Saturday, 19:00
This workshop is free & multilingual (FR/NL/EN)