The Gate @ Shanghai Biennale 2010
Shanghai Art Museum, Shanghai, China / Odyssey, Second Life
Oct 23rd, 2010 - Jan 23rd, 2011
After Brussels (2007) and Kortrijk (2009), The Gate ventures to the Asian continent for the 8th Shanghai Biennale.
Opening on Saturday October 23rd, 2010
- in Shanghai : 12pm - 5pm
- in Brussels-Berlin-Madrid : 6am - 11am
- in Second Life / East-Coast USA : 9pm (Oct. 22) - 2am
People, avatars and performance artists are kindly invited to come, perform and interact at The Gate, both in Real Life and in Second Life.
The Gate in Second Life
The Gate is installed on Odyssey, an island in Second Life dedicated to art and performance.
People, avatars and performance artists are kindly invited to come, perform and interact at The Gate, both in real life and in Second Life.
To perform from The Gate in Second Life with the visitors of the Shanghai Biennale:
1. Create a free account in Second Life (http://secondlife.com/join)
2. Download the software (http://secondlife.com/download) and follow the installation instructions.
3. Use this SLurl to teleport to Odyssey: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Odyssey/123/37/25 or simply search for "Odyssey" in Places.
The Gate is installed on the bank, next to the teleport hub.
The Gate in Shanghai!
Shanghai Biennale 2010's theme: Rehearsal
"Each day of our life is geared towards rehearsing for the next day. Survival is all about rehearsing.
Everything is in rehearsal and nothing has been decided."
Curatorial Team: FAN Di'An, LI Lei, GAO
Executive Curator: GAO Shiming
Curatorial Assistant: HUA Yi
Shanghai Art Museum
325 West Nanjing Rd
The Gate will be open everyday during the duration of the whole Biennale. Schedules :
- in Shanghai : 10am - 5pm
- in Brussels : 4am - 11am
- in Second Life : 7pm - 2am
The Biennale exhibition is only open to the general public starting on Oct. 24th. It will be accessible to anyone on Second Life from :
- in Shanghai : Oct 22nd, 2pm
- in Brussels : Oct 22nd, 8am
- in Second Life : Oct 21st, 11pm